Due to the impact of the corona virus, at the current stage, all courses will take place virtually at our chair during the summer semester. All necessary information and resources will be provided in the corresponding OLAT courses, therefore, make sure that you subscribe to all OLAT courses that are relevant for you. You will receive the access code for the courses "Microelectronics (MNV)" and "Microelectronic Circuit and System Design II" by email after registration for the courses in the KIS-Office.
Microelectronic Circuit and System Design II (EIT-EMS-655-V-7)
- Low Power Design
- Arithmetic Building Blocks
- Interconnect Issues
- Timing Issues
- Throughput Considerations
- Network-on-Chip (NoC)
- Memory Architectures
- 3D Integration of ICs
FPGA-Based Hardware Accelerators and Hybrid Systems (EIT-EMS-732-V-7)
This course teaches design, integration, and validation concepts for hardware-accelerated hybrid systems (in particular with FPGAs). It focuses on the higher abstraction levels starting from the application itself, moving to over algorithm and execution platform selections to the final implementation.
Covered topics in this course:
- Application-level design space exploration and selection of appropriate implementation styles
- High-level synthesis (HLS)
- Commercial hybrid devices (Xilinx and Intel FPGAs and SoCs)
- Virtual platforms (VPs) and SystemC / TLM basics
- Validation with unit tests and integration tests
- Development styles: Classic, Test-Driven Design (TDD), and agile hardware design
- Methods and tools for project tracking and collaboration
This course is targets later stage master students from electrical engineering, computer architecture, or computer science. To successfully attend you require knowledge in the areas of computing architectures, RTL hardware design (VHDL or Verilog), basics of microelectronics, basic programming skills in C and object-oriented C++, and basic Linux skills.
Introduction to Data Science (EIT-EMS-653-V-6)
The lecture addresses students that are interested in the topic of big data, programming skills and business models. All three topics are addressed - examples are presented with respect to predictive models in python.
This lecture will not be held in summer semester 2021.
Embedded Processor Lab (EIT-EMS-546-L-4)
In this lab, the participants study the RISCV instruction set using a RV32I processor. Besides that, they learn how to work with its toolchain. The concepts of modern processor architectures in a given hardware are analyzed to accelerate a post-quantum safe encryption algorithm. Therefore, instruction set extensions and custom instructions as well as software optimizations have to be implemented by the participants. Furthermore, the use of common development tools for software design and synthesis is conveyed.
Microelectronics (MNV) (EIT-EMS-708-V-4)
- Introduction into the design flow of integrated circuits
- technology basics
- implementation styles
- circuit technology basics
- design methodology
Microelectronic Lab (EIT-EMS-656-L-4)
- Einführung in den Entwurfszyklus integrierter Schaltungen
- technologische Grundlagen
- schaltungstechnische Grundlagen
Netzwerk- und Bustechnik (EIT-EMS-733-W-3)
- IP-Netzwerke (Layer 1-4)
- Grundlagen: Medien, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, DNS, UDP, IPv4 und IPv6, TCP
- Switching und Routing, Routingprotokolle
- Grundlegende Sicherheitsbetrachtungen (Segmentierung, Firewalls, ACLs)
- Ereignisgetriebene Programmiermodelle
- Bussysteme und Protokolle in Gebäude- und Medientechnik
- KNX, 1-Wire, Modbus
- RS-232, RS-422, RS-485
- MIDI, DMX, DALI
- Meta-Gateways zur Verknüpfung verschiedener Systeme: Zweck, Implementierungen, Konfiguration
- Linux-Systeme: Grundlagen, Shell, Pakete