Prof. Dr.-Ing. Norbert Wehn
|Phone||(+49) 631 / 205-4436|
|Fax||(+49) 631 / 205-4437|
Fields of Research
VLSI-architectures for mobile communication, forward error correction techniques, low-power-techniques, advanced SoC and memory architectures, 3D integration, reliability issues in SoC and hardware accelerators for financial mathematics and big data applications. More than 300 publications at prestigious conferences and magazines.
Education and Professional Career
1978 - 1984
Field of Study: Computer Engineering at the TU Darmstadt, diploma degree.
1984 - 1991
Ph.D. Candidate and Research Assistant at the Institute for Microelectronics at the TU Darmstadt, Germany
Ph.D. ("suma cum laude")
1991 - 1994
Central Research and Development at Siemens AG
1994 - 1997
Head of the Product Development Section Standard Derivatives, Semiconductor Division at Siemens AG
Habilitation, Official Lecturer at the TU Darmstadt
Acceptance of a C3 professorship offer at the TU Kaiserslautern
Refusal of a C4 professorship offer at the University of Bochum for the Chair "Integrated Circuits"
Refusal of a C4 professorship offer at the University of Mannheim for the Chair "Circuit Design"
Acceptance of a C4 professorship offer at the TU Kaiserslautern for the Chair "Microelectronic Systems Design"
Refusal of a W3 professorship offer at the TU Darmstadt for the Chair "Integrated Electronic Systems"
2013 - 2017
Vice President of University of Kaiserslautern for Studies, Teaching and International affairs
- Speaker of the ITG/GMM/GI Technical Committee "Rechnergestützter Schaltungs- und Systementwurf" from 2000-2009
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the GMM und ITG from 2000-2009
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the "Europäischen Akademie Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler" until 2013
- Associate Editor of the "Design Automation for Embedded Systems" Journal, Springer, USA
- Associate Editor of the "ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (ACM TECS" Journal, ACM Press, New York, USA
- Board Member of Govenor IEEE CEDA
- Speaker of the Research Center "Ambient Systems" at the TU Kaiserslautern 2005-2014
- Board Member of the "Center for Mathematical and Computational Modeling" at the TU Kaiserslautern
- Technology Ambassador of City Kaiserslautern 2013-today
- Several industrial consulting activities
- Chair of the "European Design Automation Association" 2009-2012, since 2017
- Member of the Executive Committee DATE-Conference 2002-today
- Vice General Chair DATE-Conference 2002
- Program Chair DATE-Conference 2003
- Vice General Chair DATE-Conference 2004
- General Chair DATE-Conference 2005
- Member of the Executive Committee ICCAD 2006-2008
- Program Chair edaWorkshop 2007-2009
- Member of the Executive Committee DAC-Conference 2011-2013
- General Cochair International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL) 2014
- Member of the Program Committee of various national and international conferences
Prizes and Honours
- "Goebel-Preis der Köhler Stiftung für hervorragende wissenschaftliche Arbeit" 1989
- "University Partnership in Research Award 2000 for Technical Excellence" Firma Motorola
- "Multimediapreis des Landes Rheinland-Pfalz 2001"
- "Design Contest Award in Silicon Realization Category" DATE 2004"
- "Design Contest Award in Silicon Realization Category" DATE 2005"
- "Golden Core Member" IEEE Computer Society 2006
- "Outstanding Contribution Award" IEEE Computer Society 2006
- "Date Fellow" 2007
- "Senior Member" IEEE 2010
- "Best Paper Cosar Award" IEEE SoC Design Conference 2011
- "Lehrpreis 2012/2011" des Landes Rheinland-Pfalz"
- "HiPEAC Technology Transfer Award" 2015
- "Best Paper Award" IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI 2015
- "Best Paper Award" MEMSYS Conference 2016
- "Best Paper Award" Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics 2017