EIT-EMS-659-V-7 - SystemC and Virtual Prototyping
Montag, 13:45 - 15:15 Uhr, 12-270
Mittwoch, 15:30 - 17:00 Uhr, 12-274
Dozent: Dr.-Ing. Matthias Jung
Today's companies have to deal with complex hardware architectures such as heterogeneous multi-core systems. Therefore, new development tools and approaches such as virtual prototyping are needed for efficient and fast design on electronic system level. In our research, we use SystemC and gem5 based virtual platforms for a thorough design space exploration on software and hardware level.
Covered topics in this course:
- Introduction to virtual prototyping and virtual product development methodology for embedded systems
- System models and specification
- Hardware/Software co-development with virtual prototyping
- Modelling with cycle accurate SystemC
- Modelling on higher level of abstraction with Transaction Level Modeling (TLM)
- Modelling of embedded processors with gem5
- Design space exploration for embedded systems with virtual prototypes
This lecture is managed with the electronic education platform OLAT from the virtual campus Rhineland-Palatinate. Please subscribe to the course TU_KL_Jung_Virtual Prototyping and SystemC_WS17/18.